Saturday, January 20, 2007

Staying Warm

              


Hello, my darlings! I hope this finds you all doing well.


It`s a refreshing 18 degrees here this evening in my part of Ohio. I`m in my comfy pj`s and slippers, sipping a hot chocolate. Toasty!


We have a bit of snow on the ground, but not much.


                             


I had a nice day, even though I didn`t do a whole lot. I tried sleeping in, but ofcourse the steroids I`m taking didn`t want to cooperate, but I did stay in bed and rest. Then I met my co-workers for lunch at a nice Italian restaurant. One of the girls I work with is having a baby soon, so we had a luncheon for her. It was nice. I work with a good group of people.


I ordered salad and cheese ravioli. And they had the best bread at this place. Yummy!


I have been cleaning and re-organizing. Things are looking pretty good around here.


I just finished a novel by Beverly Lewis called The Brethren. I love her stories of the Amish.


So tomorrow is church and on Monday I have a day off. I`m thankful for the time to rest and catch up on things.


Stay warm !   


           


 


 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blue theme, Penny.  So fitting for the cold weather.  It's also in the teens in western Pa. but we do have about 2 inches of snow on the ground.  Good old Griz is in his glory.  He still loves to romp in the snow.  The ravioli sounds yummy.  I'm getting ready to sip on something warm and get comfy also.  Hugs and love to you, Chris

Anonymous said...

Stay warm Penny:) i love your siggy tag blocks too cute:) enjoy your Sunday and Monday

Deb

Anonymous said...

We still have ice, then this evening snow started supposed to get 6" by morning.
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

wow that is COLD!!! stay warm keep safe, Missy

Anonymous said...

So wierd how we aren't getting any significant snowfall, huh?!

LORI

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny.  I hope you stay warm and are able to sleep in tomorrow a little before church.  I love Sundays!
Pam

Anonymous said...

It is a bit frosty here too.  Hopefully we'll not be getting too much snow tomorrow.  The whole week ahead  looks to be cold and snowy.  Take care and enjoy the hot chocolate...Think I must need a cup too...'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! Glad you got to be inside instead of out in the 18 degree chill.
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

I think the best thing to do when it'll chilly outside and there's snow on the ground, stay in doors in your pjs sipping hot chocolate. yum!

shermeen xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shermeen0621/shermsinthemiddle/

Anonymous said...

i have heard of Beverly Lewis....one of these days i will get her books. I am glad you went out and had fun with your friends and glad you were warm and ready for a good nights rest. This cold is awful.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good way to chill away from the chilly bits outdoors! enjoy your day off Penny. luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny...my Nanny loves those Amish books too.  She reads them all, sometimes twice.  Hope all is warm in your home!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Where I spent alot of time growing up, PAOLI INDIANA, there are alot of amish, I was always intriged by them,
take care, MISSY