Friday, March 9, 2007

Forever and a Day

        


 Yes, it does seem like forever since I have posted an entry. That`s mostly just because I have been working and sleeping. When I work a couple of full busy days, it just wears me out! Yesterday was my day off. I met my friend, Sandy, for lunch at Rockne`s and stopped at the store, and that`s all I was able to do. I had to come home and rest. Today my plans are lunch with my mom at Friendly`s and then I`m taking her to a doctor`s appointment. I`ll probably wash my car today also. The usual stuff. I slept for a long time, so I am feeling good today. Even though I only have chemo once a month now, I still have to take meds every day, hence the need for rest when I seem to overdo it. Other than the tiredness, I`m doing just fine.  :0)


On Sunday after church, I met with a group of friends that I`ve known for many years, some even back to grade school days. The Girlfriendz. We had a lovely time chatting and eating - and for some, drinking. So here`s to: Deloris, Don, Patty, and Tina - thanks for a great day of freindship. I love you guys!


My brother and his wife and puppy were also here for a real quick visit again. I can`t wait to go see them in Indianapolis in a couple weeks!!


I stumbled upon a great sale at Kohl`s. I bought 2 pairs of jeans, a jacket, 2 prs of earrings and 2 shirts! The shirts were buy one get one free. The jeans were $24.99 a pair which I couldn`t pass up. It`s so hard for me to find jeans that fit. I`ve blogged before about my "sit test" with jeans. I have to sit down after I try them on. If they don`t literally cut me in half and I am still able to breathe after 30 seconds, it`s a go. Well, that`s not really true, because if they are comfortable, then that means they are most likely 2 sizes too big in the legs, but sometimes I get lucky.


Okay, what`s up with American Idol?? How can Sanjaya and Hayley stay in? What about Sundance?? And Sabrina??


Whaaaaaa ......


Well, I am off to plow through some paperwork and mail. I`ve missed out on reading your journals for the past few days. I guess there`s no way I could completely catchup, but I`ll be around.


Someone in J-Land has a new baby! If you`d like to stop by and congratulate him, tell him Penny sent ya.


BABY


 


Be well and God bless - -


 



 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun with your friends.  Sounds like you are having a nice week.  
Take care, Pam

Anonymous said...

I was laughing over your description of jeans...same here with me ...in order to feel comfy at the waist I have these huge legs bagging around.  I found a pair last year that really fit nice but now I can't find any more.  Of Course !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

It sounds like all is well.  I don't wear jeans but maybe 4 times a yr.  I live in sweats.  Dress Sweats and basic sweats.  Love it.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I love the Jeans test! We were talking the other day about lying on the bed just to get the zip up...only thing was we had to get help to stand up and once in them could NEVER have done the jeans sit test lol!!!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Every woman knows about the "sit down" test. I wonder if some men do it too? lol
American Idol was a shocker last night, Sanjaya should have been gone weeks ago, he cant sing!!!

Good to see you update.

~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

What, no new purse?????

Greg

Anonymous said...

LOL...I stilll chuckle at your jeans test because I do the same thing.  I can't stand anything tight anymore.

Now, Penny, I think you do super well considering your chemo and meds.  I always seem to be tired during the week.  I have a mountain of mail to sort through on my snack bar once again.

What's up with Sundance and AI?  grrrrrrr  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Your brother didn't run anything over this time did he? hehe.  And You didn't buy a purse at Kohls either!  I CAN'T believe it! : )  As for American Idol, I too was shocked! I thought Sanjaya was gone for sure.  Did you see the look on his face?  ON everybody's face, even mine! lol  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I really really liked both Sundance and Sabrina..i think Sundance was a bit distracted with a new baby....i have never watched AI until now so this is all new to me. I am exhausted all the time anymore....i need to go to a doc and find out what is what. I am glad you are able to see your friends and enjoy yourself. Stay warm.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds pretty normal right now.  I've been watching American Idol.  I think that Simon has been a little too rough on Hayley.  I wasn't sad to see Sundance go, I don't think he should have made it to the live shows.  Anyway, take care and have a good week.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Hello Pennie! Stopping by to wish you a HAPPY ST. PAT'S DAY! it's a big holiday and celebration here in New Jersey, you know? Love your graphic-stop by and say hello when you have time. ~Diane~  http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea/

Anonymous said...

h