Saturday, August 4, 2007

Not So Sweet

                 


Hi again. I don`t really know why I haven`t posted an entry in so long.


Remember I said I was having headaches for like two weeks straight? I no longer have them once I figured out what was causing them >>> Aspartame - the artificial sweetener in Diet Coke! If you research aspartame online you will see that it is bad bad bad. Bad news. It`s in many products and has been known to cause severe migraines in some people. I also read where it can cause depression and mimic signs of MS and fibromyalgia! I stopped drinking the diet soda and the excruciating headaches went away.


It`s been hot here. In the 90`s kind of hot. I`m not a summer person. I`m not enjoying this. We have many festivities and concerts going on as Football Hall of Fame week is being celebrated here. I haven`t gone to any of them. Somehow the idea of strolling through a  mass of smelly bodies squashed together in 90 degree temps while smelling cotton candy and corn dogs mixed with the scent of port-a-potties just doesn`t appeal to me.


I was asked to go see fireworks tonight by an old "friend." ( I use that term very loosely here. ) Okay, we used to date. There was a lot of drama. I declined. It just didn`t feel right.


I can`t wait until Corey gets home. She`s been on the other half of the world long enough!


I`m probably a tad old to be listening to these young emo bands but I love them. My favorite is Jack`s Mannequin. Andrew is 23 or 24 and survived the same kind of leukemia as me. We were both diagnosed in 2005. We are both well now. Please donate blood - it saves lives!!!



 


I also love The Academy Is and The All-American Rejects.


                    


I have a great song of theirs playing on my Myspace page. Check it out. My page is pretty!   :)


http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh


Have a wonderful weekend. I hope to catch up with journals soon!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had never heard that Aspartame would cause symptoms of MS and Fibromyalgia before.  That is quite interesting.  I wish that was the cause for Mom's symptoms, that would be so much easier to address than the actual diseases.  She doesn't dring near enough of the diet drinks to cause the problems that she has.

Greg

Anonymous said...

There are lots and lots of things about most kinds of sodas that are not good for us.  I used to stay away from the diets, but have recently started to like one once in awhile.  Most of the summer I'm a tea drinker and if I get energetic, I love homemade lemonade.  Of course I always have my good cup of coffee or three in the mornings.  Glad you discovered what was making the head ache.  I stayed in most of the day keeping cool and catching up on things at home, but went out to sit on the patio awhile ago and discovered it had cooled down and was really plesant out side.  What a nice surprise.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a blessed Sunday tomorrow.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

let me know if you can help me.....i have tried to sign up over and over on MySpace and create a page and i will add my info and then hit click and it says f412 or something like that and will not take me to logging in or anything so i can not sign up!
I have never heard of any of those bands.....i only drink soda at work so i dont get alot of pop....i love Diet Coke though.
Love ya,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Penny, I too used to get migraines from drinking Diet Coke and they went away when I switched to Diet Dr Pepper.  That was years ago and I had forgotten about it and started drinking it again at work because it was free, well then my migraines started up again.  Then I remembered...I avoid Diet Coke like the plague.  But if you drink the Coke Zero (made with Splenda) you shouldn't have the same problem.  It hasn't been too bad here in AZ this summer.  We've had some days in the 110s, but nothing too bad.  Monsoon season right now.  You and my daughter have the same taste in music.  Hope your daughter comes home soon.  De ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL...Penny, you're never too old for any kind of music.  You and my Becky love all the same groups.

Weird about the aspartame because Joey was just lecturing me about the diet soda's,etc. that I consume.  That kid of mine just absorbs all sorts of knowledge.  Aspartame is terrible.  My mother is diabetic and doesn't touch it.  Glad you got rid of those headaches.  I'm weaning myself off of diet drinks now and starting the water.  Oy, that child of mine never stops with my bad habits.  BTW:  I've only spent about 8 hrs total in the sun this summer.  

Stay cool.  It was actually very cool overnight last night here.  I know you'll be glad to get your Corey home again.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Good that you found out what was causing the headaches.
luv bella x

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

so glad you figured out what was causing those headaches.  There is too much junk in everything nowadays.  It should be getting pretty close to Coreys homecoming, no?? Ah yes, the Football Hall of Fame, I remember it well.  1978?  1979?

betsy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I've never drank diet drinks but have drank drinks with aspartame & I'm prone to migraines so I quit drinking them.  Glad out found out the cause of your headaches.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

ASPARTAME CONGRESS IN DENMARK 9 YEARS AGO AFFORDED 700 PAGES ON THE ILL EFFECTS AND DAMAGE OF ASPARTAME WHETHER IN OR OUT OF FIBROMYALGIA AND TAKEN TO THE DANISH SUPREME COURT WHERE CANDEREL AND EQUAL WON THE DAY! DISGRACEFUL! THE WORST KNOWN RESEARCHED AND ACCREDITED OUTCOME OF ASPARTAME IS ALZHEIMERS DISEASE - SUCH AN ADDITIVE AS ASPARTAME SHOULD BE OUTLAWED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD BUT MONEY TALKS AND THUS MANY THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WILL BECOME ILL IF NOT EDUCATED - RATHER USE A NON-NUTRITIVE NATURAL SWEETNER FROM BASE OF BABY BEET CANE BEFORE IT ERUPS INTO THE SUGAR ENZYME CALLED SUCRALOSE OR THE OTHER CALLED ZYLITOL WHICH TASTES VILE. (SUCRALOSE TASTES IDENTICAL TO SUGAR FOR THAT IS ITS' DERIVATIVE).
AS HEAD OF FM IN SOUTHERN AFRICA AND IN PRIVATE PRACTICE, HOLISTICALLY I TRY AND STREER THROUGH CLINICAL NUTRITION EDUCATION AND A COMPLETE HOLISTIC PROGRAMME, PATIENTS AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT WILL PERPETUATE THE NEED FOR 'THE SWEET TOOTH' AND RISING INSULIN (X SYNDROME) AND ADDING TO ALREADY REACTIVE HYPO GLYCAEMIA PRESENT IN ALL WITH FIBROMYALGIA. I AM IN REMISSION FOR 10 YEARS AFTER SUFFERING FOR 30.

Anonymous said...

you are never too old to enjoy good music. . .come to detroit if you feel up to it and i will take you to a show around here.  i am not sure how far you live from toledo, but headliners always has good bands, I've been down many times and its always worth the gas $$$.    i am praying for you.

take care and FIGHT!!!


alaina  ps.  has many good bands on myspace-- link is embedded in journal :D

http://journals.aol.com/abaleman666/boysaremean

ADB said...

Penny, just a message to let you know you're not forgotten. We never will. J-land has moved to another level and we took you with us. Rest in peace, no longer in pain or suffering.

ADB said...

Eight years since you left us, but you'll remain in our memory forever.

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

Love you and miss you always, my Penny!

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.